2017 HAKOMI COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING
In Hakomi Comprehensive Training Level 2, you will deepen your Hakomi skills in a supportive community, receive coaching to help you break free of unconscious patterns that limit your success when working with clients, and learn powerful therapeutic maps and strategies for making your work with clients more effective and transformative, including the Hakomi Character Map. For those who want to take their Hakomi work to both the greatest heights and depths, Level 2 of the Hakomi Comprehensive Training provides the most complete path.
This training is open to graduates of the Level 1 Hakomi Comprehensive Training, graduates of Hakomi Professional Training Level 1 and attendees of various Hakomi survey courses taught at local universities. (University students require additional prerequisites as outlined below.)
What You Will Learn
In this hands-on, experiential training, you'll learn how to:
- Deepen your skills in contact, tracking, accessing, experiments and working with the child
- Learn how to distinguish trauma from other types of developmental issues and how to best support clients with a history of trauma
- Recognize and shift limiting transference and countertransference patterns taking place between you and your clients
- Use the Hakomi Character Map to deepen your own self awareness and personal healing and strengthen your ability to be compassionately and mindfully present with your clients
- Use principles from attachment theory to strength your work
- Use the Hakomi Character Map and Sensitivity Cycle to make your client work more focused and effective
The curriculum for this training is framed around four general areas of study:
1. Enhanced Skills: We'll revisit the foundational Hakomi topics taught in Level 1 in greater depth. In addition to refining your existing skills, you'll learn sophisticated new techniques. We'll look more carefully at the ways the Hakomi Method allows clients to study present experience, you'll learn powerful somatic techniques for approaching the core of the Self, and we'll investigate in great detail how psychological change actually takes place.
2. Therapeutic Strategy and Maps: You'll learn specific and effective ways to understand and manage the overall flow of client work. This will allow you to shift from exercising instinctive, reflexive skill to makng deliberate strategic choices in supporting your clients' evolution. To support this more focused approach to client, you'll learn powerful clinical maps, including the Hakomi Character Map, the Hakomi Sensitivity Cycle and Interactive Systems.
3. The Being of the Therapist: Perhaps most importantly, Level 2 focuses lovingly on both strengthening your individual resources and examining the personal obstacles you bring to your practice. In a spirit of support and caring, we'll work to identify and resolve specific psychological material that may be limiting your effectiveness. We'll also support you to find your own distinct style and orientation to working that incorporates your unique vision and talents.
4. Integration of Other Psychological Work: To ensure that you're a well-rounded practitioner, we believe that several key psychological theories and methods are important to integrate with the Hakomi Method. Level 2 will help you to integrate and strengthen your Hakomi skills with a basic understanding of trauma work, attachment theory and a Hakomi-inspired parts work method called Re-Creation of the Self.
In this training, you'll learn through short talks, unique skill-based experiential exercises, supervised practice, demonstrations and assigned readings. You'll participate in regular supervised practice and receive supportive feedback by dedicated and knowledgeable teaching assistants. This feedback will provide opportunities to celebrate what's working, refine what needs attention, and to evolve personal edges that may be limiting your success. Our learning environment is relaxed and participatory with numerous opportunities to practice new skills with other group members, both in and out of class.
Dates subject to change.
Rudramandir, 830 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94710
- Hakomi Comprehensive Training Level 1, Hakomi Professional Training level 1 or the equivalent
- Students who've completed a Hakomi introductory course at JFK or CIIS are also eligible to apply to Level 2 Hakomi Comprehensive Training. Because these courses don't cover the entire Hakomi Method, JFK and CIIS students are required to take our CIIS Tutorial to qualify for Hakomi Comprehensive Training Level 2. These students must also complete and submit an application form for this training.
In some situations, the Institute may require additional information from an applicant, an interview with the teaching staff or the completion of specific additional learning.
Regular Tuition: $4995; your application must be received by February 24, 2017
Early Registration Discount: $4495 if application is received by January 27, 2017
Work-Study Discount: Additional tuition reduction in exchange for work-study duties is available on a limited basis to students who submit a Work-Study Application. Work-study applications must be received by January 27, 2017.
Repeat Discount: Students repeating this training may enroll for one half the cost of regular tuition ($2499), space permitting. To register as a repeat student, please email contact@HakomiCA.org or call 415-839-6788.
Group Discount (for students who've completed a Hakomi introductory course at CIIS only): A 15% discount off the full tuition of $4995 resulting in a tuition of $4245 (a savings of $750) is available to groups of four or more students applying to this training. All application fees must be paid and all completed applications must be submitted together in one email or envelope by January 13, 2017.
A 20% discount off the full tuition of $4995 resulting in a tuition of $3995 (a savings of $1000) is available to the group coordinator who forms the group, collects the necessary forms from each individual, sends the applications together to the Hakomi office by January 13, 2017 (electronic submission preferred), and makes sure application fees are paid. No group applications will be accepted past this date.
Those applying for group discounts are not eligible for our early enrollment or work-study discounts.
Payment plans are available. After paying your $400 non-refundable deposit, you can either make 3 payments in March, June, and September or 9 payments starting in March and ending in November. (A $15 administrative fee is added to each transaction.) Students must complete all payments before the last training session starts. All students are required to sign a contract agreeing to the financial conditions of the training.
Tuition balance is due by February 27 unless a payment plan has been agreed upon by the Institute and the student prior to the training start date. VISA, Mastercard and American Express are accepted.
Cancellations accepted via email or phone. Students who withdraw before the first day of training will receive a full tuition refund less the $400 non-refundable deposit. Students may withdraw up to 9 days after the first day of the training and receive an 80% tuition refund. No refunds will be granted after that date or for any future non-attendance.
To Apply for This Training
Students who have completed Hakomi Comprehensive Training Level 1 (a nine-month course offered by the Hakomi Institute of California) are not required to apply for this training. All other students should submit an application by following the steps below:
- Click here to download the application form for this training.
- Click here to pay the $75 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Electronic submission preferred.) Or mail to:
Hakomi Institute of California
343 Soquel Ave, Box 16
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Final application deadline: February 24, 2017
To Register for This Training
Click the button below to register for this training and pay the required $400 deposit.
Downloads and Links
Below is the schedule for each weekend of this training:
Schedule subject to change. All teaching is experiential and includes time for practice and feedback. As an approved continuing education provider, Hakomi Institute of California is required to award CE credit for instructional time only; no CE credit will be granted for lunches and breaks.
Psychotherapists: This course meets the qualifications for 17 hours of continuing education credit per weekend (153 hours total) for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CE approval agency: CAMFT. Provider number: 82187. To receive CE credit for a given weekend, participants must attend the entire weekend, sign in and out each day, and submit a signed evaluation form.
This training is approved by Meridian University for the Professional Specialty Program requirements towards a Master’s or Doctoral degree in psychology with a concentration in Somatic Psychology. Additional information about Meridian University’s programs can be found at http://www.meridianuniversity.edu/academics/concentrations2/somatic-psychology.
For More Information
For registration questions or further information, including accommodations for special needs or information about our grievance process, call our administrator at 415-839-6788 or email contact@HakomiCA.org.
Future Dates: Hakomi Comprehensive Training Level 2
2018: March 16-18, April 13-15, May 18-20, June 15-17, July 20-22, Sept 14-16, Oct 12-14, Nov 9-11, Dec 7-9
2019: March 15-17, April 12-14, May 17-19, June 14-16, July 19-21, Sept 13-15, Oct 11-13, Nov 8-10, Dec 13-15
2020: March 13-15, April 17-19, May 15-17, June 19-21, July 17-19, Sept 11-13, Oct 9-11, Nov 13-15, Dec 11-13
Dates subject to change.